We had a great kick off to our Dangerous Church series this past Sunday at Elevate Church! Here are a few things to share with you:
1) The heart beat of a dangerous church is when people realize I Am The Church. With this confession, there is potential to become dangerous. Without this confession, there is the excuse to become passive.
We went through Acts One to identify the signs that I Am The Church:
a) I was dead now I am alive! Our rallying cry as a church is that Jesus was dead now He is alive. That changed everything!
b) I desperately depend on God’s Spirit. The Holy Spirit is not a luxury. He is an absolute necessity. I am convinced God’s Spirit can do more in a moment than we could in our own efforts in a lifetime!
c) I am compelled to witness here, there, and everywhere. These three “signs” of I Am Church are a progression. If you try to do number three without one and two, it will be exhausting. It will be manufactured and fake. If you get one and two, then witnessing everywhere will be the natural overflow of what God is doing in your heart! Witnessing is not showing others what I’ve done for God. It’s showing the world what God has done for me!
2) We prayed over and sent out Chris and Hope Bray on Sunday. It was awesome to see the work God has done in their lives this past year at Elevate! God has used them greatly in San Diego! We can’t wait to see the great things God does through them in New Zealand!
We don’t need a missions conference. We just need to wake up and realize we are all missionaries in our community. Elevate Church meets wherever you are!
3) Let’s never forget – Church is not simply a place I go. It is who I am!
4) Memorize Acts 1:8 this week and read over Acts 1 several times. You can break it up to read about 7 verses a day or read the whole chapter a few days this week. Slow down and give your self time to read through it. Read over Acts 1:8 giving emphasis to each word in the verse. Take one step to becoming a witness here, there, and everywhere.
5) A HUGE thank you to everyone who made our Mega Sports Camp possible! It was a great week and families were impacted. Thank you for being the church! Here is a camp picture!
6) Join us in Mexico October 5th – 7th. We are building a loft house for a family in need. Why? We are the church! We want to be a blessing and share Jesus with those in need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to sign up.
7) We will continue with our Dangerous Church series this coming Sunday in Acts 2. Remember, Acts 2 only happens when Acts 1 actually happens!