We invite you and your friends to the kick off of our new series called LOVE THAT LASTS.
Join us for a brand new relationship series! It’s not how you start but how you finish that matters most. Find out how to develop a “love that lasts” in our most vital relationships.
Throughout This Series:
- Date Night gift card giveaways
- Mother’s Day special on May 14th with gifts for every Mom
- How to increase friendship AND passion in marriage
- Discover the ONE thing every relationship needs to survive
Join us for a new series, Love That Lasts, beginning this Sunday at Elevate Church.
“Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (1 Corinthians 13:7)
From Our Family To Yours
We would like to extend an invitation to you and your family this Easter Season. See below for what to expect on Easter Sunday at Elevate Church. We can’t wait to spend Easter with you!
– Pastor Kevin & Susan
Easter Sunday @ 10am: Something For The Whole Family
- BOUNCE HOUSES after the Service for some extra FUN!
- Face Painter and Balloon artist for the Easter Celebration!
- EGG HUNT & Easter Bunny for ALL KIDS to enjoy!
- FAMILY PHOTO BOOTH for the WHOLE family to remember this day!
- An EASTER message on how to experience the resurrection power TODAY.
- Come celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus and let the whole family experience an unforgettable day!
INVITE your friends & family. It is not too late and it could make an eternal difference!
Several years ago, my wife and I decided to make one of the biggest decisions of our lives – we moved to the other side of the country to start a church.
Starting a church in San Diego has been one of our greatest privileges and greatest challenges. San Diego is the number ten most post Christian city in America according to Barna Research.
We knew this was true when one of our kids was invited to a birthday party on Sunday morning of one of the biggest days of the year for Christians – Easter!
Being a Christian or going to church isn’t a part of the culture where we live. It can be difficult when reaching people or starting a church. We have found a joy in the midst of it. When people show up at church or become a Christ follower, it’s because they really want what Jesus offers.
It’s not what everyone else is doing or what’s popular but it is genuine. That is refreshing.
All throughout life we face things that make us say “Why Bother?”
– You take a stand in your world, and it seems to have no effect.
– You pray for an unsaved or wayward loved one, but there is no change.
– You spend a lot of time & effort seeking to help someone who turns against you.
– You do good to someone, & there is no return.
– You strive to keep a testimony before an unsaved mate who only grows more difficult as time goes by.
– Or even when it comes to daily tasks of emptying the dishwasher or washing clothes. It can get so exhausting that we begin to say – “why even bother any more?!”
In Luke 5, Peter had an instance where it seems that nothing made a difference and he was getting no where.
He fished all night and caught nothing! I’m sure he thought, “Why Bother?”
Luke 5:5 says, “Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night & haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.
The phrase that makes all the difference – BECAUSE YOU SAY SO.
If I had fished all night & caught nothing, I would be selling my nets, not washing them to get ready to go out again!
True fishermen DON’T QUIT.
Doing this went against everything Peter had been trained to do. Jesus was asking him to do something that didn’t make sense and others thought was crazy but he did it any way.
Peter knew something that we forget. When our Master says to do something, the best response is – BECAUSE YOU SAY SO I will trust and obey.
You will NEVER regret putting God FIRST.
Luke 5:6 says, “When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.”
FAITH is the bridge between what is and what could be.
“WHEN they had done so.” Not when they prayed so, or believed so, or thought so, or argued so.
The miracle didn’t happen until Peter took action!
Verse seven says, “So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come & help them, & they came & filled both boats so FULL that they began to sink.
God steps in when we step out.
Keep throwing the net out. Keep building what He’s called you to build.
God is in the net breaking, boat sinking, life transforming, and miracle working business!
Why Bother? BECAUSE HE SAID SO.
WHEN you do so, don’t be surprised when God steps in to do the impossible.