All throughout life we face things that make us say “Why Bother?”
– You take a stand in your world, and it seems to have no effect.
– You pray for an unsaved or wayward loved one, but there is no change.
– You spend a lot of time & effort seeking to help someone who turns against you.
– You do good to someone, & there is no return.
– You strive to keep a testimony before an unsaved mate who only grows more difficult as time goes by.
– Or even when it comes to daily tasks of emptying the dishwasher or washing clothes. It can get so exhausting that we begin to say – “why even bother any more?!”
In Luke 5, Peter had an instance where it seems that nothing made a difference and he was getting no where.
He fished all night and caught nothing! I’m sure he thought, “Why Bother?”
Luke 5:5 says, “Simon answered, “Master, we’ve worked hard all night & haven’t caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.
The phrase that makes all the difference – BECAUSE YOU SAY SO.
If I had fished all night & caught nothing, I would be selling my nets, not washing them to get ready to go out again!
True fishermen DON’T QUIT.
Doing this went against everything Peter had been trained to do. Jesus was asking him to do something that didn’t make sense and others thought was crazy but he did it any way.
Peter knew something that we forget. When our Master says to do something, the best response is – BECAUSE YOU SAY SO I will trust and obey.
You will NEVER regret putting God FIRST.
Luke 5:6 says, “When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break.”
FAITH is the bridge between what is and what could be.
“WHEN they had done so.” Not when they prayed so, or believed so, or thought so, or argued so.
The miracle didn’t happen until Peter took action!
Verse seven says, “So they signaled their partners in the other boat to come & help them, & they came & filled both boats so FULL that they began to sink.
God steps in when we step out.
Keep throwing the net out. Keep building what He’s called you to build.
God is in the net breaking, boat sinking, life transforming, and miracle working business!
Why Bother? BECAUSE HE SAID SO.
WHEN you do so, don’t be surprised when God steps in to do the impossible.